ABOUT BAO SYSTEMS
BAO Systems is the largest US-based DHIS 2 consulting and hosting firm in North America. We’re changing how Governments, NGOs, and international agencies collect, analyze, and report their data. Our platform as a service offering of DHIS 2 is modernizing how Open Source health information management systems are configured and deployed. We work on a global scale solving tough challenges and we want your help.
Current Openings Include:
Senior Systems Analyst - DC Metro Area
SUMMARY OF POSITION
BAO Systems is seeking a Systems Analyst to join our diverse and talented team that is working to improve public health around the world through subject matter expertise, open source analytic platforms, and best in class health information cloud technology. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills to work closely with senior engineers and customers to develop tailored solutions.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for building the product backlog by populating, triaging, and managing tasks in GitHub. They are also responsible for leading quoting sessions where developers estimate task size. The Systems Analyst performs discovery and analysis in coordination with the technical architect, developers, and other stakeholders to generate tasks.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of business processes across multiple systems and teams
- Develops tasks, test plans, and technical requirements that are repeatable, understandable by other team members, and based on project standards and client needs
- Authors and manages technical documentation for system users
- Interacts with data quality management team to gather requirements on data validation, and informs them on data quality issues
- Monitors the development team to ensure tasks have up to date status and assignments
- Utilizes T-SQL and Restful API calls to query and analyze data
- Conducts and participates in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities
- Works as part of the development team, effectively participates in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Captures design requirements, including key metrics and data elements
- Works with team members to identify risks and incorporate risk analysis into project roadmap and delivery targets
- Assists in planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects with strong bias toward thorough quality assurance in customer deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong technical acumen or technical analyst experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with geographically dispersed development teams
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively with modern continuous integration and project tools including Github, Slack, and Google Apps
- Thorough understanding of software engineering lifecycle, methodologies, and business data modeling used in a mission-critical project environment
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and data modeling methodologies
- Competent user of productivity software, such as Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience with cloud-native web-based system development
- Experience with Scrum and/or other agile development practices
- Previous experience working with multiple systems integrations
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Detail and process oriented with a bias towards information quality
- Technical understanding of server, network, and application interaction
Location: Washington, D.C.
Interested? Apply Now - No calls please
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer who is passionate about making a positive real-world impact. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to support various implementations! The Software Developer is a key member of the DHIS 2 implementation project team and is responsible for the implementation of the application including mapping client business requirements to systems/technical requirements.
The Software Developer works as a team member along with the Project Manager, Solutions Architect, Director of Services and supporting team members to deliver the solutions for the customer. The Software Developer reports to Solutions Architect. This position requires up to 25% travel.
- Develop features and functionality that span the technology stack for rapid deployment and evaluation in the field.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, project managers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance test engineers to deliver robust health system platforms.
- Shape and align product roadmap based upon client needs and market opportunities.
- Develop and follow coding conventions, architectures and best practices.
- Perform peer code review to ensure quality code is being deployed.
- Conduct a business process analysis resulting in a client-centered system design
- Document data collection tools, inputs and outputs to inform system specifications
- Share best practices and case studies to be consultative with clients throughout duration of the project
- Produce customer work documents to ensure consensus on deliverables
- Coordinate with the Director of Services to produce a technical specification for systems requirements
- Complete and co-implement project specific configuration templates
- Provide innovative development solutions as part of the functional design where needed
- Participate in training, design, development, testing, documentation and delivery in concert with the Director of Services
- Participate in and lead, when needed, project meetings with the client
- Participate in internal projects, as required
- Support new business development lead and proposal writing as needed
- 3 - 5 years software development experience
- Experience with open source projects
- Expert in Excel and interfacing with R/Python/nodeJS
- Familiarity with Git tools
- Information system or software implementation experience
- External consulting experience
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- DHIS 2 experience highly desired
- International NGO, Public Health, and Program Monitoring/Evaluations experiences preferred
- French, Spanish, and Portuguese skills a plus
Interested? Apply Now - No calls please